I don't really know how the Yahoo! mail SPAMmers know that I'm over 30 and still single, but I am. Why the SPAMmer thinks I'm going to even open that email, I'll never know. In the recent weeks, a few conversations with my peer group of "amazing women in their 30s who are single" have brought to light a concept I'd like to transfer from the political realm to the dating world: vetting.
Now, those of you out there opposed to the GOP's recent VP nominee might not have much faith in the vetting process. I believe that when the right question is asked at the right time, vetting could save us amazing single women valuable time and heartache. Even more so that the "He's just not that into you" mini-revolution.
Let's face it. If you're an amazing woman in her 30s who's single, you probably know why you are single. And if you're out there, actively dating, it's well known that there are a limited quantity of available men that you'd actually be interested in sharing your time and amazing life with. So, let's do this New York style and cut the crap. Get to the point. What do you really need to know about this guy?
When we amazing 30s chat amongst ourselves, dissecting every move he makes, every word he says (sorry, Greg Behrendt, it's in our brain wiring), and extolling the virtues of Mr. "He Has Potential," the conversation inevitably comes down to this: why is he single? Ladies, the answer to this question will determine whether or not this dude is worth your time.
"But I can't ask him that!"
This is true. That would definitely turn Mr. Potential into a fond memory. So, I think we start a network--I mean, we're amazing, we're in our 30s, we're single, talented, successful, friendly, etc. etc. So, before you go on a date with the guy, just let him know that you'd like him to go through a small vetting process whereby one of your trusted advisors will talk with him and ask a simple question. You might not be able to ask him that, but those of us that are not going to date him will have no qualms whatsoever about saying, "Look, you seem great, and I'm sure you can understand I want to look out for my friend. So, could you just answer one question for me? Why are you single?"
If only.
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
1 comment:
love this! i'll spend more time reading but i have the sense that either you've tapped into my brain, or else we're two fabulous people undergoing similar dating experiences!!! take my advice: Do Not Date Norwegians.
;)
Post a Comment