Here's a collection of brief funny/random moments from the recent past...
Driving in Brooklyn, I noticed a sign that "Change has come to America." One of the ubiquitous Kennedy Fried Chicken locations changed its name to "Obama Fried Chicken."
While riding the Subway one day, I noticed a very tattooed dude next to me. The tattoo that stood out the most? Where he had the word "BROOKLYN" in place of his eyebrows. That's some serious hometown pride.
Walking down Court Street en route to Yoga, I overheard a woman telling the man she was walking with, "Well, the man that lives on top of me..."
Talking to my 15-year old sister about her career plans:
Elizabeth said, "One day, I thought about being a nurse."
"And then what happened?" I replied.
"And then the next day came," she said.
Some time after election day, while walking home from the Subway I overheard the following exchange:
Young dude: "Hey, baby, you look fine. Can I get your number?"
Young lady: "Um, no."
Young dude: "Come on, baby, you could be my First Lady!"
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
1 comment:
i like this personalized version of overheardinnewyork.com
i have been thinking of logging my own san fran version.
Post a Comment