Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"Regular Job" Search Update

On September 8, quite a lot happened in the regular job hunt. Philip was 100% right about things picking up quite a bit after Labor Day--not that it was all that slow before! All three current job leads are thanks to my former colleagues at the Alliance for a Healthier Generation. Thanks!

1. The Society of State Directors of Health, PE and Recreation
I had a phone interview with the executive committee and staff of this organization for a position as their Executive Director. I think the interview went well; I'm going for a second, in person interview at the end of the month.

2. Playworks USA
After much cajoling from Paul, I heard from the folks at Playworks and this past Friday had a screening interview while I was in the parking lot of Costco with my Mom. I think it went well, and then I had to fill out this odd survey thing that was only two questions long. I'll know by this Friday if I'm moving forward in this process.

3. ASCD
Well, I had applied for this position that Lori forwarded me, even though I wasn't sure they would be interested in someone with my background. Lori called me on the 8th and told me all about how she was lobbying on my behalf to the hiring manager. I think they are going to at least give me a first-round interview, but I haven't heard anything yet. It would be a great organization to work for!

No comments: