Last night, I had the pleasure of working with Street Law on their Sixth Annual Awards Dinner. It's a great event that I've been a part of nearly every year since it began. In addition to my passion for the work they do supporting teachers in law-related education, last year's event was also the key moment that helped me decide to take the leap and move to DC. It was wild to reflect on what a difference a year has made.
Anyway, my role at this event is to "run the show," meaning coordinating all of the A/V and stage activities, script, etc. An official photographer was on hand for the cabinet member that received an award; he was chatting with me quite a lot. Kathryn would probably claim he was flirting with me and I should have flirted back.
At one point in the evening, he asked if I had eaten yet. I said, "no, I don't eat on the clock." He looked at me and said, "well, yeah, I wouldn't think that you eat much food at all." How random is that? I mean, I've lost weight, but I'm not that skinny.
On another note, I have to share the latest funny story from my nieces. Being Christina, Nicole, and Allison's aunt is totally awesome; the best part is how much they make me laugh. Nicole in particular is earning quite a reputation for her one-liners.
Today, Nicole and I were talking about my new house. I said, "Hey, you know what's exciting?!?!"
She said, "Um, you're pregnant????"
"WHAT!??!?! Nicole! No, I'm not pregnant, why on earth would you say that?" I replied, laughing very hard.
"Oh. Well, oh, I know what it is...I'm coming to visit your house this summer."
Yes, yes, that's what's exciting...
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment