Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Upcoming Travel = Material for the Blog

Two loyal readers recently mentioned some disappointment at the lack of updates...sorry folks, been a little busy. Never fear, I'm back on the road again and that always brings material for the blog.

Upcoming travel between now and the end of 2010, for both work and fun:
Louisville, KY
Chicago, IL
Ocean City, MD
Boston, MA
Long Island
Tampa, FL
Long Island
Bermuda (via cruise ship)
Oakland, CA
Monterey, CA
AUSTRALIA!
Nashville, TN (added)
San Diego, CA (canceled)
Los Angeles, CA (canceled)
Little Rock, AR
Long Island
Orlando, FL
New York City/Long Island
Kansas City, MO
Long Island
**Please note that the number of trips to Long Island is not quite accurate**

And for your further entertainment, I'm chasing preferred status on both US Airways and Southwest Airlines and I'll keep you updated:

US Airways, miles to preferred: 14,793

Southwest Airlines, flights to preferred: 10

So, here's the fun from Louisville:

  • Here in Louisville, they have some local heroes and are proud to display them--this includes a giant poster of Diane Sawyer on the side of a building next to the highway, as well as Mohammad Ali and Col. Sanders of KFC on the lamp posts lining the streets of downtown.
  • Upon entering CVS yesterday, I learned a quirky liquor law by reading a sign posted on the door: no alcohol sold before 6pm on Election Day.
  • I was here for a sum total of 2 hours before someone asked me for directions. My reply, "I'm sorry, I don't live here."
  • The police officers sometimes patrol the streets on ATVs.
  • At the airport in Louisville, Standiford Field, they have the various security lanes marked--Family, Casual, and Expert traveler--but they are differentiated by pictures of horses, from some grazing horses (Family) to a racehorse (Expert). Ha!

No comments: