Anyway, it will come as no surprise to you that I happened to be flying around the same time as my friend Gretchen--though she was headed to New York. We made a date to have lunch at the airport together; it was kind of fun! I did my best to make the most of my time in Kansas City--during the trip, I marked one year in my job with the Society. It was a very different experience one year later, attending the same conference where I basically started my job last year. I have met a lot of great people along the way and of course it was a great opportunity to reconnect with some Alliance colleagues.
There were some great views from my first hotel, the Hyatt Crown Center:
And for the second conference, I moved over to the Westin Crown Center; then I looked out over the headquarters of one of my favorite companies, Hallmark. The fountain is choreographed and plays once an hour in the evening; it was a treat to watch from my window:
And now, I'm enjoying 37 days straight without any air travel. It's the longest stretch without a flight I'll have in 2010. WILD. Plenty of time to enjoy the fall, which is in close competition with spring for my favorite time of year. Check out this tree that I get to see every day at home:
No comments:
Post a Comment