I haven't spent very much time at all in NYC since I moved away in July, 2009, and I do miss it. Mostly when I travel to New York, I head straight to Long Island for visits with my family. The past couple of days, I've been in New York, enjoying some fun while working on an event. As I made my way around the city, it became clear to me that I haven't spent nearly enough time in NYC this year. Here's how I know:
1. I had to look up the address of one of my favorite restaurants, Artisanal (32nd and Park).
2. I purposely walked from York and 62nd to 7th and 32nd.
3. On said walk, I took 5th Avenue, in December, walked through Rock Center and Times Square and actually enjoyed both.
4. My MetroCard expired and while on the Subway, I had to look at the map and got off one stop too soon.
5. While in town, I neglected to call some friends that work in the city to say hi and or meet for coffee.
6. During the event, while chatting with a Secret Service agent, he said to me, "Really? You're a New Yorker? I couldn't tell."
7. I was in town for two days and no one stopped to ask me for directions.
8. It didn't occur to me that the TKTS booth would be mobbed on a Friday in December.
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment