I've been enjoying my time in Paris and after running into a familiar face (although not entirely random), I have been just waiting for someone to ask me directions.
This evening after dinner, I made my way to the RER to ride over to the Eiffel Tower. Although I trekked there yesterday, it was too early to see it lit up and I decided that was a fine way to spend my evening. After a few stops, some guy hopped on the train to tell me "last stop!". I felt foolish for having missed that detail and got off.
I was walking to the next platform to catch another train when a woman asked me a question...in French! And I understood her! I told her what I knew as best I could about how to get to her destination.
"What is your language?", she asked.
I felt defeated and replied, "English, sorry."
"Oh, you speak French well!" she responded.
Hooray!!
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment