Monday, September 17, 2012

It's Constitution Day!!!!

Archives of the United States, Home of the Constitution!
The few of you that read this know how much I LOVE the Constitution.  It's Constitution Day!  This day marks the signing of the Constitution of the United States 225 years ago.  Since about 1996 or so, I've faithfully carried a copy of the Constitution with me just about everywhere I go.  This makes lots of people laugh and is sometimes also credited with me picking up a man.

Anyway, today is a day I always celebrated in my classroom with a big party and solemn distribution of pocket copies of the Constitution; it's a source of pride that a number of my former students still have them!  Lucy just downloaded the Constitution app on her iPhone in honor of Constitution Day, and my friend and college roommate Jeanine just wrote asking if I was "waving my pocket Constitution around" today.

Wooohooo, the Constitution!!! 

No comments: