On Tuesday we produced the National Guard Youth Foundation's ChalleNGe Champions Gala. It was successful--a long and complex event involving a three-hour long dinner program with a lot of moving parts and pieces.
At one point during the tech rehearsal, Michelle asked me to find a table to display the awards--the one the hotel provided was not really working with the overall look and feel of the stage. First I took a quick walk around the ballroom level, then the lobby level, and remembered we had keys to the Presidential Suite. So, I snuck up to the 12th floor and let myself in...none of those tables would quite work and I figured they would be missed later in the day when the client had a post-party there. But as I was about to go back down, I spotted just the right table there in the elevator lobby. I checked around quickly, called for the elevator, grabbed the table and snuck it in. Michelle and Ben were very impressed with my stealthy skills. I even returned the table after the event and I'm fairly certain no one noticed it was missing. Or maybe hotel security turned a blind eye because I was so helpful to them in escorting Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
There was a small meet and greet with some of the key Foundation VIPs and the celebrities in attendance, including LeAnn Rimes, our headline entertainment. Her husband hid away in a corner of the room, watching her bag and using his iPad. When I heard the media would be coming to the room, I went and stood in front of him. "I'm just going to stand here and block you so no one bothers you," I said. He looked around, looked back at me dubiously and said, "No one's bothering me." I replied, "I know, but some pushy media types are about to come in." "Oh, thanks," he replied.
As I was standing watch, I looked to my left and realized that the man I thought was a Congressional staffer was actually Ricky Schroder. I said as much to him, "You blend right in! I thought you were a Congressional staffer with those glasses." He said, "Hey, do you happen to know how to use Twitter?" And so I gave him a quick Twitter lesson--Philip was amused and took a photo:
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
1 comment:
He has certainly aged! And I very well may have seen him and just did not recognize him!
Post a Comment