Sunday, August 31, 2008

"Welcome to the Soul Train"

As I prepared to board a downtown 2 train from 125th Street the other day, I spotted a giant laundry cart full of stuff, capped with a cat carrier and...a cat. OK, over to this other car. I sat down, and simultaneously noticed a man sitting on a small amp in the middle of the car.

"Welcome to the Soul Train. This next song...this next song is for the white lady with the green bag. Oh yes. White lady with the green bag, and you have beautiful toes, too. Yes, you're so well put together, white lady with the green bag, you remind me of Martha Stewart. This next song is for you. Oh, hell yes."

Couldn't tell you what song he sang, because I was trying too hard not to bust out laughing.

"You'll remember me in the bathroom, white lady with the green bag," he sang...

"Welcome to the Soul Train. This next song is for the white lady with the red shirt and the baby. Sing along, everyone!"

No comments: