You all know me...I've kept this blog relatively private, after all. So you know that I have a knack for running into people I know in the most random places--it happens almost as frequently as people stopping me for directions. From Disney World to South Africa, I have been known to come upon old friends, former students, neighbors, etc. and so it's rather common place for me to say,
"I'm sorry, don't I know you from somewhere?"
A few years ago, I learned that this is a standard pickup line, though I've never seen it in action as such.
Anyway, a few weekends ago, I was standing in line at Tom's here in Brooklyn. It was a freezing cold Saturday morning and I spotted one of my colleagues a few people behind me. She was with two friends, one of whom looked very familiar to me. We talked for a few minutes, trying to figure out the connection--she recognized me, too--and never quite got it.
Yesterday, it hit me--she was the girlfriend of one of my favorite former students!
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment