Before all of the Bermudian excitement, I had a fun NYC moment with a colleague/friend.
After enjoying the hot chocolate festival at City Bakery and an impromptu trip to Filene's Basement, my friend and I were walking back over to Union Square. Steph is a cupcake fanatic, I think she spends more time at Magnolia Bakery than in her own apartment. Our colleague remarked, "City Bakery? I figured you'd be at the Cupcake Cafe across the street!" Steph's eyes went wide...and so we stopped to peer in the window of the Cupcake Cafe as our evening was winding down.
They were closed, but we were admiring the icing artistry on display on the mini cakes in the window. The intricate flower designs were beautiful! As we stood in admiration, a man came to the door.
"Hello, ladies! What's going on?"
"We were just admiring the artistry of these cakes! They are beautiful!"
He opened the door and invited us in, offering us free cupcakes! We each sampled a small, beautiful, delicious cupcake...delighted and a little stunned that this was happening. Steph in particular was beside herself. It was a sweet only in New York moment...
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment