Friday, March 6, 2009

Not Quite the Soul Train...

You remember the tale of the Soul Train...my friend/colleague/supervisor Inge loves that story and will frequently deconstruct the punchline.

"Thanks pretty white lady!"
"Thanks pretty toes!"

During a recent work trip, Inge noticed my new fabulous bag--the purple bag--that I found on an impromptu trip to Filene's Basement on New Year's Day. She asked if anyone had noticed the bag on the Subway--much like the green bag--and I told her, "No, but it's probably just a matter of time."

Sure enough, I boarded the Subway the other day and sat down across from two older gentlemen--one seemingly homeless, the other chatting with him. The first man says, "Hey, would you look at that purple, alligator skin bag! That is some bag! Oooh, and your hair is so nice, and that dark coat! You look really nice, lady!" The second man agrees, "Yes, you look great! What a nice bag, and you're pretty too!"

1 comment:

Natosha said...

some of your readers don't live in nyc, dear, so you MUST post a pic of these bags please :)