Monday, December 19, 2011

November 3rd Won

November 3rd was the kind of day where things just kept going wrong.  Little things, nothing big, and of course in the grand scheme of things, still a good day.  It was a crazy week, with an event with an unruly client on Tuesday, then another event on Thursday.  I woke up late and was then late to the doctor's office to have my stitches removed.  That, of course, set my whole day behind schedule.  I think this was also the day I forgot to get on a conference call.  When I finally got to the event site in the afternoon and realized that I had forgotten the one, really important thing that I was supposed to bring from the office, it was kind of the last straw.  The dress I had packed to change into was dirty--and of course it was black so even people who don't notice these things noticed. I later had a conversation with my friend Dawn during which I completely forgot our plans for the upcoming weekend and realized I needed to find a recipe for Cooking Club, stat. So I asked our caterer to send me one :)

As soon as I said, "OK, November 3, you win, I give up!" things started to improve.  I managed to find a relatively simple fix to forgetting the file at the office, found a few typos in the presentation while we were reviewing it, and also had the pleasure of meeting Bob Schieffer, a CBS News Anchor who, in addition to being excellent at his job, is super nice.

Here are some photos from the event, the annual Gala for the National Coalition for Cancer Survivorship:
This is the setup--at the Mellon Auditorium

Bob Schieffer
With Sabrina in front of the S&R.  I don't think you can notice that my dress is dirty...but you can see my bandage :)
The next day, Marilyn said, "I am confident that you will win today, and not November 4."

No comments: