Six weeks in to the Farm Share, I'm still having fun--I have to say that I'm still impressed with my beet chips. The only challenge is that they do not stay crispy--last week I got some normal sized beets and made lots and lots of beet chips with my newly acquired mandolin. I gave most of them away in paper lunch bags so that I wouldn't be eating chips for no reason under the guise of them being "healthy." Here's a photo of last week's harvest:
| Beets, squash, new potatoes, cucumbers, pea pods, blueberries and one last garlic scape |
On the fitness front: I'm still making progress in CrossFit. One of my coaches returned from vacation and noticed that I've lost some weight--which is always the thing you want to hear when you are working so very hard! The scale is moving in the right direction, I feel great and my clothes are fitting better (or again in some cases). I also just began another 21 day yoga challenge and I finally went to the doctor to make sure everything is ok. And it is. No thyroid problem. No medical reason for the weight gain...just one of the benefits of getting older...no wiggle room for vacations to Italy with lots of cheese, wine and gelato without copious amounts of exercise to balance.
No comments:
Post a Comment