I've blogged before about my propensity for running into/crossing paths with the same random people time and time again. I don't mean running into someone I know in a completely unexpected place (although that happens), more so along the lines of people I don't really know, but met briefly, who keep reappearing in my life. It's a very strange phenomenon, and here's the latest.
Nearly a decade ago, my friend Heather came to DC to live with me for the summer while she worked at an internship downtown, where she met Kathryn, who would become such a good friend to both of us. Late that summer, when I returned from working in San Francisco, Heather asked me to go with her to a Texas A&M alumni BBQ. While at this event, I spotted a guy that looked familiar and so I asked if I knew him from somewhere--I think I may have related this story before, because this was the incident that enlightened me to the concept of "Don't I know you from somewhere?" being a pickup line.
Anyway, Heather went on a few dates with this guy, broke up with him and moved on.
This summer, walking through Courthouse, he ran right past me. I thought it was completely random--of all the people that live in Arlington, of all the people I know in the DC area, it would be this guy that runs past me.
And then yesterday, I walked into Baja Fresh and there he was again! This time, we actually made eye contact and nearly crossed paths, so we exchanged "after you"s, but he did not seem to recognize me and so I didn't say anything.
Maybe next time...
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment