As I waited for Dawn to arrive, I thought, "I don't know a single person that met their mate speed dating," as opposed to online (small but measurable numbers) or through friends (vast majority). I mentioned this to Dawn and she suggested that we might be the pioneers--be the first.
Not so much.
Here's what I'll say about Speed Dating--it's efficient and entertaining. It definitely overcomes my number one gripe with online dating--you get to meet people face-to-face and figure out straight away if that chemistry element is there. It's quick, we had four minutes each to talk with 16 guys as they moved around the room. There were some themes:
- Guys were frequently shocked that Dawn and I were friends. It was strange to see them react, "Wow, you guys are friends? You know each other?!?!"
- Most guys were similarly flummoxed when I said, "I run a small non-profit." Lots of raised eyebrows at that--which I have jokingly ascribed to surprise that a woman with large boobs might also have a large mental capacity.
- Just about every guy asked what I like to do for fun. Some of them lead with this question, without even introducing themselves, which I found odd.
I wonder, does this now raise my lifetime total of dates from 5 to 21?
No comments:
Post a Comment