- On September 26, 2009, we successfully pulled off three events in three different cities on the same day--Philip and Gretchen with our team in Boston for the Beantown Jazzfest, me in NYC in the am for Recess ROCKS! with the Alliance and then back here with our team for the Holy Cross Hospital Gala.
- I had an in-person interview at the Society of State Directors of Health, Physical Education and Recreation. About a week later, they offered me the job and a week after that, I accepted. Since starting my new job as Executive Director, we launched our re-designed website,www.thesociety.org
- From October 19-December 23, I worked part time at the Society in the morning and then came to Dufour & Co office every afternoon. It was a smidgen on the hectic side, but I did have fun, could pay my bills, and even went to a conference in Denver, where it snowed for days:
- I bought my first-ever brand new car, it's totally changed my life here in Arlington and being DC public transportation dependent is a distant, disturbing memory.
- I went to Long Island about five times, and we had a successful surprise Bridal Shower for Katie.
- I spent the first week of December in NYC, staying in an adorable corporate apartment and falling in love with the Upper West Side all over again. I got my New York back in a big way and decided this will be an annual tradition for me as long as I'm not living in New York.
- I worked A LOT.
- We had a whole bunch of events at Dufour, including the Meridian Ball, the Washington, DC Screening of TEN9EIGHT, and the World Vision World AIDS Day Prayer Breakfast in NYC.
- Kelly and I kept playing tennis through the fall, until one day when she called and wanted to play but the high was going to be 39 degrees and I said, "No." I'm hoping to join a tennis club very soon so we can get back to it.
- I found a Yoga studio that I really enjoy, Tranquil Space, and have returned to a regular Yoga practice. It's fantastic.
- I became a size 8 for the first time ever, a very exciting accomplishment that was accompanied by a shopping spree for clothes and undergarments that fit.
- I also became obesssed with a great restaurant in Baltimore, Woodberry Kitchen and have now been there three times. I'd be there once a week if it didn't take more than an hour to get there.
- For the record, absolutely no activity on the dating front from September-December, with the exception of a brief, slightly creepy pursuit by the guy that sold me my car that totally does not count.
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment