Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cranky, Creaky...and then Clooney (Day 2)

I didn't get enough sleep last night so it was particularly challenging to get out of bed and head to the yoga studio this dark, cold morning.

I felt cranky and my body creaky as we began class. I'm pretty sure my "intention" for this morning's practice was "just get through this.". It was a good practice with some restorative poses and soon my view of the full moon out the window gave way to the morning light.

And then I came home to George Clooney on GMA and, with the addition of caffeine and a yummy new breakfast--pumpkin oatmeal--my day has started to look up.  Here's the recipe:  http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/aarti-sequeira/pumpkin-oatmeal-recipe/index.html

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My pumpkin oatmeal "recipe" is way easier! Buy the frozen oatmeal from Trader Joes, cook in microwave for 2 minutes, add 1/3 Cup pumpkin puree, microwave for another 1 min. 30 seconds. Add 1 T chopped walnuts and a dash of cinnamon. Yum, healthy, & EASY!