Monday, January 23, 2012

Day 14: Two Weeks Down, One to Go

Yesterday I made it one class closer to catching up--I'm now only three classes behind.  Going to a yoga double header is pretty much the only thing I did yesterday.  I stayed out really late Saturday night and didn't get much sleep.  I was convinced my yoga practice would be nearly impossible between the lack of sleep and the amount of alcohol I had (probably not all that much by most standards, but certainly more than I usually drink).  I was pleasantly surprised that the first class actually went really well.  I actually felt energized by it, and it was a little tough to come down for the restorative class that followed.

Restorative yoga is a little gift to one self.  During the class, you only do about 6-8 poses and so you hold them for a long time, but the idea is to, well, restore your body and be comfortable.  It was lovely--I thought I'd fall asleep and I did hear someone snoring at one point.  Only 10 more classes to go...

No comments: