Monday, February 15, 2016

You know what they say about construction projects...

...and life for that matter.  It's rare for things to go as planned.  And so here I sit on the morning of the second, or perhaps third, scheduled start date, taking in this wall:
and this weather:
and even though I have triumphed over the Arlington County Building Permit process, the construction is delayed.  Again.  And it's OK, because I still have two cabinets to empty in my kitchen.  Which I imagine will take me approximately 15 minutes, but I woke up late this morning and now I have the whole day to accomplish this task that I've been procrastinating for at least two weeks since my second construction date--February 1.  I think the first one was just a pipe dream, offered to me in the week following the Blizzard.

I was going to share here the saga of the Building Permit, but I'm kind of over that story at this point.  The most important take away: at the height of my frustration, when it seemed I'd never get past this permitting process, I knew all I had to do was find a kind and helpful person with decision making power.  And I was right, and I found one.

So, tomorrow.  Again.  Here's hoping.

No comments: