Last week, I met up with the guy that would turn out to be Match.com dud date #4.
We arranged to meet at Busboys & Poets in Shirlington Village. Parking was impossible that evening, so I was a little late; after scanning the bar and the restaurant, I called the guy to let him know I was late and see where he was.
"Oh, hi honey!" he said. This was a bad sign.
Anyway, he finally arrived and met me on a bench outside the restaurant. He sat down and proceeded to talk my ear off about everything under the sun. At one point, a couple walking their dog paused at a nearby tree to let the dog relieve himself...the giant pile of poop was just a poetic representation of how lame this date was. And still, dud kept on talking. About how economics/accounting is a framework for everything. About government waste. About how difficult it is to volunteer at a homeless shelter because the management is "unreliable." The virtues of his alumni chapter, oh, and how much he enjoys a great dinner party theme...
After about 45 minutes, dud said, "would you like to go inside and get a drink?" I declined, saying I needed to get to my car, which was parked at a soon-to-expire meter, and the grocery store. He kept talking. A few moments later, I channeled Kathryn and said, "I really have to get going" and stood up. He. Kept. Talking! Finally, I started walking away. That's when he got the message.
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment