Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Match Dud #9...A False Start

Match Dud #9 is the most disappointing one to date; this one seemed to have the most potential. Witty, smart, honest and thoughtful--we had a heck of a time trying to schedule a date. First, we were tentative for last weekend, then we made plans for this past Sunday and he canceled because he was sick.

So, we had rescheduled for tomorrow and today he wrote to say that he's met someone else and didn't want to pursue something with me he couldn't see through. It's a bummer.

On another note, last week I was chatting with a colleague that's also on Match and she told me that one of her dates told her that the distinction "Curvy" for body type is seen by men as the nice way of saying "obese" on Match. She encouraged me to change to "About Average," which I did--and I've gotten a lot more response since then. Between being completely slammed with work, needing to take a break, and wanting to see where it was going with #9, I just haven't really been engaged. I suppose it's time to go back to the drawing board, but honestly I'm kind of exhausted. I may give it a longer break.

No comments: