Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Day 10: Almost Halfway There

By the time I went to bed last night, my whole body was exhausted. After practice, I went home and did my cooking for the week and for whatever reason that really wore me out. So when I woke up this morning, I was feeling a little creaky and kind of dragged myself over to Dupont.

During this morning's practice, I did my best to put aside expectations and judgments about what I could or could not do during this practice--and it turned out to be a good practice overall. Sometimes I jumped back, others not, sometimes a full chatarunga, others half--I tried to really listen to my body and let it decide what to do, rather than forcing myself to do what I wanted to try to 'prove' something to myself or have something exciting/triumphant to write here.

My mind was mostly focused, though I was occasionally distracted by a headache and about halfway through, I spotted the half-naked Yoga model near the back of the studio! Good thing he wasn't really in my line of sight to distract me much.

When I arrived home, my neighbor Emily asked me to sit with Christopher again--this poor family has been passing around an awful cold. I had it for about three days earlier this month and I'm hopeful that I don't get it again. Christopher filled me in on all the happenings with the NHL...who knew there were so many pro hockey teams???

No comments: