Instead, I choose tonight as the end of my 21 day challenge--it marks three weeks to the day since I began and has the nice "full circle" element of finishing with the same class that I started the challenge, Monday night Yoga 2.
Tonight's practice was triumphant! It was great--I had to work hard, which felt so good. I was able to hold a new pose--forearm plank--for five breaths by sheer force of will...because I totally wanted to collapse by breath three. I pushed myself to try all of the more challenging elements each time they were suggested--and succeeded. This included extending further in triangle and extended side angle, keeping my leg up during chatarungas (and full chatarungas all evening, thank you!), taking a back bend from side plank, jumping back to chatarunga from half-moon pose (whoa, never did that before!), and even revolved half-moon. Plus I finished with full camel before my shoulder stand.
Here's a photo of the friends that gathered this past weekend...what an amazing gift...
No comments:
Post a Comment