Tonight's practice was much better...what a difference a day makes! My mind was on my practice, my body was doing what I wanted it to do.
I found that as I was able to let go, my body took intuitive movements, which was exciting. The challenge this evening was with a lot of standing poses--my quads and hamstrings were yelling at me and I got a cramp in my foot, but I managed to push through both levels of discomfort. And a minor pose breakthrough--in standing splits, I was able to balance only on my leg and hold my hands in prayer. That is NOT easy, people!
UPDATE: I forgot to share that after practice this evening, the woman next to me said, "You must be a singer! You have the most beautiful 'Om', I really enjoyed the vibrato." It was nice to hear--back in Brooklyn, my instructor used to lead us through some chanting and every once in a while someone near me would make a similar comment, but here usually there's just an "Om" which is not quite so melodic.
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment