You might recall that yesterday's theme was "slow down" and I was all impressed with myself for being able to really embrace that theme. As it turns out, I almost completely forgot it by the time I got to my mat this morning. Funny how life has a way of reminding you...
I arrived at the studio thinking I was late, but pleasantly surprised to find that class was actually at 10:45 not 10:30, so I was right on time. It was a treat to see my friend Sabrina--today was her first day back at Yoga after a long absence due to living abroad and an injury. Sabrina's a certified instructor and she did a nice job of getting me set up in the studio while I made a visit to "Tinkletown."
Anyway, the studio was packed and I found myself intrigued by this instructor--she has a wry sense of humor and took the whole practice very slowly, really breaking down the poses as though everyone was a first timer. I found myself having a hard time focusing mentally, getting wrapped up in the expectation of what I wanted the practice to be--letting my mind get caught up in plans and other stuff because I didn't have the pace of the practice keeping me occupied and I was getting a little frustrated with that. Finally, about midway through, I realized I'd completely forgotten the "slow down" lesson, was resisting everything and needed to accept where I was and enjoy it.
I had a nice chat with a fellow Yogi following the class about making time for oneself--she's a Mom and she takes time every week for Yoga and Tango...hmmm...Tango...
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment