For those of you keeping track, this morning I had another dating first--my first second date. I met Steven for coffee in Downtown Silver Spring before heading in to the Street Law office. He continues to be a thoughtful, kind, intelligent gentleman. I'm learning to enjoy the process of just getting to know someone without having a pre-determined idea about the outcome. Before that, I also stopped in at Blair for a too-short visit with some of my friends there. It was great to see them.
During this evening's first practice, I realized that I'm having a bit of yoga overload. That might have come at the point when I decided my "intention" for practice would switch from whatever metaphysical/spiritual/deep meaningful thing to getting an ice cream sundae after the second class. So the drawback of today's practice is that I realized that seven classes in just four days time is just a little too much for me. The positive is that whereas during the last challenge, I was nearly finished before I even spoke to or saw someone I knew, during this challenge I feel a growing sense of community at the Studio.
This was exemplified in the break between the two classes when I was talking with Lisa, whom I've seen just about every day during this challenge. She is a teaching assistant--and we got to talking about yesterday's class. I mentioned that I just missed my friend Miriam at the Dupont studio yesterday. Lisa asked how I knew Miriam; I told her that we went to college together. Turns out that's how Lisa knows Miriam too--so Lisa and I went to American at the same time.
The nice thing about community is the feeling of support and encouragement that comes along with it. I'm looking forward to the break tomorrow so I can return to my mat refreshed, hopefully Friday if not Saturday.
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment