Monday, June 20, 2011

One Day More...

Today began with a super cool first--I had the opportunity to go hear decisions be announced at the Supreme Court. It was really neat--they announced decisions in three cases, one of which I was actually familiar with. Of course, there was kind of a long wait for a pretty short session, but it was still very very cool. Strangely, as I was walking back to my car, a man walking on the opposite side of the street waved to me--he did look vaguely familiar but I couldn't tell you who he was.

Also, when I finally got to the office, I sent my daily email to my Mom. She wrote back but the message was blank. So I wrote to her, "Mom, blank message?" She wrote back, "Sorry, I must have used invisible ink." My Mom cracks me up. :)

Tonight marks class #20. You know I love the Monday night class--it's always such a challenge and tonight was no different. And I'll reveal some random things that people never talk about when it comes to yoga:
  • Sometimes people smell or fart and you have to pretend not to notice
  • Sometimes you see someone else's underwear and you have to pretend not to notice....actually this happens quite a bit. For example, the woman in front of me this evening was wearing a black Ralph Lauren thong.
  • Sometimes it's way, way too warm in the yoga studio and I sweat so much that I can't hold poses because I'm covered in sweat. It's really so gross. And yes, the studio is air conditioned AND has ceiling fans.
Anyway this evening's practice included a real feeling of stiffness--I had a bizarre sensation of stiffness in my bones and a few random twinges here and there that I've not experienced before. But it was still good overall and I'm looking forward to the finish tomorrow.

No comments: