My sister Katie and her husband Anthony are visiting this weekend. Last night, we went over to Dupont Circle to party with the grooms-to-be, Rich & Sean, at their Bachelor Party. Funnily enough, the festivities were located across the street from my yoga studio in Dupont and I felt a little strange not going there.
Anyway, we stopped in CVS to pick up something for Rich's sore throat and were not in the store for more than 30 seconds when another guy in the aisle approached me and said, "Can you help me?"
"Well, I can try," I replied, with a bit of suspicion.
The guy began explaining his symptoms to me and was asking for help choosing the right cold medicine. It just occurred to me as I was writing this that maybe he was illiterate. Or just overwhelmed by the selection.
"Well, you really want to talk to her," I said, pointing to Katie, "she's a nurse, she can help you better than I can." Katie gave me a look that said, "why are you making me talk to a stranger?" and helped the guy, who was very grateful. Katie then told me that she's really not supposed to give out medical advice...although she does it all the time...but I understand her hesitation. I figured the nurse line was better than the alternative, which is "she works at a CVS."
So, I apologized and said, "Sorry, Katie, welcome to my world. When you're with me, you have to give random people information and directions."
Kathmandu without monsoons is great!
8 years ago
1 comment:
Hilarious!!!!!!!! xoxo
Post a Comment