Thursday, June 23, 2011

"Were You a Cheerleader?" And Other Funny Tales

This evening, I stopped by Red, Hot & Blue to pick up take out for dinner, driven entirely by a hormone based craving for banana pudding (sorry Mom and Kathryn). I walked in and went to the bar to place my order as instructed.

The man behind the bar grinned at me and said, "Well, hello, you look fantastic today!" Which was very nice considering I didn't put on any makeup or earrings today.

"Hi, thanks. I'd like to place an order for takeout, please," I said.

"Wow. What a great voice you have! Were you a cheerleader in high school?" The bartender replied.

Guffaw! "Uh, no. I was a high school teacher, though." I replied, to the man who just kind of kept staring at me with a silly grin on his face. It was a little odd. And then he asked my name and immediately shortened it to Pat. Or "Miss Pat." Anyway, he was very nice but it gave me a chuckle that he thought my speaking voice meant I was a cheerleader.

Earlier this week, I was visiting Long Island and I said to Allison,
"Allie, do you know where we're going next month? New York City!"
Allie replied, "Um, are we going to your wedding, Aunt Tricia?"
Pause.
"Uh, no, I'm not getting married just yet." I replied.
"Oh. When are you getting married? What time will it be?" said Allie.
Later, Katie said to Allie, "Allie, what are you going to wear to Aunt Tricia's wedding?"
Allie replied, "A wedding dress. I will wear a small wedding dress and Aunt Tricia will wear a big wedding dress."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love my Allie!!!! Question...do earrings really make that much of a difference to you appearance? I understood the no make-up comment but earrings?!?!?!