Sunday, June 5, 2011

Twisting my way to exhaustion...day 3

On Friday, I went to Yoga twice to make up for the fact that I'd be away at the beach with the gals on Saturday. I'll also go twice on Monday to take care of Sunday's absence. So, this brings me up to four classes since June 1.

I noticed a few things during Friday's practice. During the mid-day class, I felt a little reluctant to go and thought I might be getting bored too quickly--but I was pleased to find that was relatively easy to put aside and really enjoyed the class. I took it pretty easy since I knew I'd be having another class in just a few hours.

During Jodi's class Friday evening, I was a little worried--I could feel my body just getting so very tired. I persevered and noticed that the first part of my body to loosen up after three days of straight practice was actually my torso--deeper twists are the first sign of progress. And then Jodi took us through another crazy core routine. Another sign of progress? No active soreness just yet--only the kind that comes when you move.

Had a great weekend at the beach...here's one of my favorite photos with my gals:

No comments: